The trombone is a very popular brass instrument among beginner players.
It’s also a very unique instrument. It is the only widely used instrument that creates sounds using a tuning slide.
The trombone is famous for its pipe organ sound and the ability to gliss, or smear, music notes.
“Never look at the trombones, it only encourages them”
Our Trombone Specialist Contributors
- Low brass artist who is sought after on tenor and bass trombone, tuba and euphonium.
- Has a Master of Music from NYU, in addition to studies at Mannes School of Music.
- When not performing, he’s practicing, arranging, writing; hoarding instruments, accessories and vinyl LPs.
- Master of Music at Boise State University and a Bachelor of Music degree at Concordia College.
- Alex teaches private brass lessons to a variety of levels of players and spends his time writing and recording music with his company Evil Brass.
- He is the principal trombone player with the Twin Cities Brass Band based in Bloomington, Minnesota, and is also the Trombone Shop Manager at Schmitt Music Minnesota where he works as an instrumental salesperson.